Friday, 24 April 2015

Good News!

Deputy Head Appointed!



I am delighted to inform you that Richard Jennings has been offered and has accepted the post of Deputy Headteacher, starting 1st September 2015.  Currently Richard is Assistant Headteacher at The Bishop Wand School, where he is focussed on developing Teaching and Learning.

Richard is keen to get involved with Winston as early as possible and he will, therefore, come into school on a regular basis between June half term and the end of the summer term.

Drive Smart Streetwise Campaign

Year 7 students had the opportunity to see an interactive play regarding how to be streetwise and safe when out in the community.  This includes using the roads and local transport; how to be aware and the responsibility that we all have to keep ourselves safe.





Setting the Standard

I trust you will enjoy the photographs below of the work of Year 10 students, who have opted to study GCSE Design Technology.  I am sure you will appreciate the standards of the design and the skills required to complete work of this quality.



I was privileged to see this work from two Year 7 students.  It was their RE homework, researching different religious symbols and identifying their meaning.  The standard of the content of the work was outstanding and I understand will achieve a level 6.  Well done!



Below is the work of Anis in Year 9, who has recently joined the school.  Miss Chapman's Geography class have been studying Japan and its culture.  This is meticulous and thoughtful work.  Well done!