Friday, 20 November 2015

Amazing Students

'Twelfth Night'

I enjoyed an excellent evening of Shakespeare, at the Schools' Shakespeare Festival.  Our students, performing Twelfth Night, joined 35000 other young people around the country performing a thirty minute version of one of Shakespeare's plays.  This inspiring festival helps to make these works accessible and audiences all over country and encourages students to appreciate one of our great writers. Our students were exceptional and delighted the audience with their performance.  I would also commend The Samuel Cody School, as every year their students create a memorable experience.



'Star Runner'

I was delighted to meet Aimee, who had participated in a race at the weekend in Seville.  She was competing in the under-16 age group and came second.  This is an outstanding achievement.  Well done!




Assembly: Anti-Bullying

The ABC Committee have been raising awareness, this week, about their work in the school to combat bullying. This large, active committee work with staff to challenge those young people who cause distress to others.  As a school we are committed to dealing with bullying behaviours.


PSHCE

Year 7 students have been considering the question: 'What are the ingredients for a 
perfect friendship?'