Thursday, 26 January 2017

Being at Winston

Assembly: Year 11

National Citizenship Service

Year 11 students had a presentation from the NCS this morning, offering them a wide range of opportunities to get involved and develop skills that will benefit them for the rest of their lives. If students consider participating in the residential events then the government will pay up-to £1000 to enable them to engage.  These opportunities can also lead to an apprenticeship and are recognised by UCAS, when applying to university.  All of our students were able to express an interest in getting involved in the scheme.





A Visit from Oxford University

Abi Swan, 9AGO, wrote the following about the presentation from a representative of Oxford University:

'The talk we had from Hannah Rolley who worked at Oxford University was really interesting.  I gathered loads of useful information that I was not aware of before.  I learnt things like how much it costs, how much you pay back, loans and so much more about the teaching and the structure of the colleges. Before we had this talk I wasn't sure about whether I wanted to go to university or not  but I have now decided that I want to go, as it seems like a great experience and an amazing place to carry on my education.'




More Amazing Art

I hope that you enjoy the images below of the art produced by our GCSE students.