Girls Football U14s - Second Round Win
Winston girls took on some tough opponents in the 2nd round of the county cup this evening.
As the evening grew colder the girls took to the pitch, to attain their position in the County Cup Tournament 2022.
Rosebery V Winston got off to a touch start, with the oppositional team having a lot of possession. The Winston girls kept pushing and with a penalty given away by a hand ball in the box by Rosebery, Ava takes to the penalty spot. The atmosphere is tense, Ava shoots and SCORES, 1-0 Winston!
Rosebery come back with pressure, the ball is played back and forth, back, and forth with possession averaging at 50/50. The half-whistle blows, 1-0 Winston.
As we take the field for the second half the rain starts to fall. The field is wet, the ball hard to hold and Rosebery are trying to equalise. With a long ball by the opposition and a long reach from Amelie, the ball slips just past the keepers' fingertips and into the back of the net 1-1!
However, with the resilience the Winston girls know so well they push back. Slipping the ball consistently down the wing, Lucy makes some brilliant runs with fantastic help and assistance from striker Charlotte and centre mids Chloe and Ava. The ball is in the box and Ava takes a strike, it hits the back of the net, perseverance and a fantastic shot, the score is now 2-1 to Winston!
Ten minutes left, the rain keeps coming but so do Winston girls! Keeping the ball out of the back of our home net the final whistle blows the final score 2-1 to Winston. A tense but fantastic game of football, resilience and perseverance takes us into the third round!
Number 1 - Amelia B, named player of the match by the opposition. Fantastic game and some brilliant saves, well done Amelie!
Well done girls and thank you to Rosebery School for a fantastic and challenging game of football!
What an incredible 2 days. The objective of Learning Review is that our students are given the opportunity to spend time to reflect on their strengths and identify areas that they can develop, creating personalised strategies that they can use to help them be the best version of themselves.
A selection of quotes from students:
'It gave me a good understanding on what to do in the future to help me be the best I can be'
'I was able to feel more confident about how I need to improve and specific subjects I need to focus on'
'Coming up with constructive strategies that I feel will help me to progress further in my learning'
'It went well, and I know what to focus on'
'I am proud that I was able to come up with some really useful strategies to improve my skills.'
A selection of quotes from parents:
'It's a really valuable experience for the kids AND the parents'
'It was nice to sit down and have a look at the bigger picture with them and hear their voice'
`She has just thrived under face-to-face teaching at the school. Learning Review has allowed us to think of what her primary school said about her and see where she is now. We are so proud of her'A selection of quotes from staff:
'I have had honest conversations about what we can do together to enhance their learning'
'It is valuable to see students identify their weaknesses but also focusing on positives, taking a lesson they enjoy and really want to thrive in.'
'I have been able to get to know some of my tutees better. Some have had some excellent strategies that I have used for other students later.'
Here are some of the strategies that our students have created for themselves:
'After I receive feedback on a piece of work, I will look over what I have done, identify where I can improve and take action to develop my answers'
'If I do not get the mark that I want, I will remind myself that this is a direction, not a criticism.'
'Remind myself that resilience doesn't mean I have to do it alone, I can always for help, and this is not a weakness'.
