Visit to Bletchley Park
I really enjoyed Bletchley park because of the new things I learnt and saw. The one thing I enjoyed was when we cracked the Morse codes because it was intriguing and difficult, the Alan Turing test was also educational because it helped us realise if we were talking to an A.I. software or human. We could tell if it was a human or AI by estimating the response time and what was being said. It was amazing to hear that Bletchley park was a vital part in the victory of world war II. In my opinion it was extremely interesting and gave a great insight into the world of code breakers. As a visitor you can try out code breaking machines and learn about Alan Turing and his team.
Eshan
When we arrived at the park, we were informed about our schedule for the day, my favourite activity was the slideshow on A.I. During that activity, we did a test which had us talking to either an AI computer chatbot or another person in the room. Doing the activity, we then had to figure out if we were talking to a computer or a human. Another activity that I liked is the binary marble run. We had to follow the teacher's instructions and figure out how to make the marble run work properly, that activity also helped me have a better understanding about binary and bits.
Jamie
On the trip I enjoyed learning about the ethical side of computing and doing the Turing test. It was a really fun experience and I hope to go again someday. I enjoyed learning about codebreaking and Morse code and encryptions. While it was an enjoyable experience, I learnt lots of new things.
Alex
This is what I enjoyed most at the Bletchley part trip;
I most
enjoyed the Turing test because we had to try and guess if we were talking to
an artificial intelligence chatbot or a human. This was interesting because we
got to find out how much artificial intelligence has developed. It was quite
difficult to tell if I was talking to a chatbot because the tones were like
human beings making intentional errors. I also enjoyed the Turing tumble, as
we got to make binary calculators out of marbles and they were no computer
parts used.
Daniel
Amy
During my time at Bletchley park I most enjoyed the Turing tumble puzzle which taught me how to create a binary calculator.
We also took part in a quiz in which we had to figure out if we were
speaking to an A.I. or a human, this was very intriguing as we had to think
hard to find out who or what we were speaking with. We also learnt about modern
artificial intelligence and toured the museum, seeing all the computers that
were used during the war.
Zain












