Friday, 27 September 2024

Open Evening

 Year 6 at Open Evening

Year 6 came back to school this evening, to show their parents what they had been doing on their Taster Day.

Our students and staff were ready to welcome them, keen to share our school with both parents and children. Our Year 7 and 8 students acted as tour guides and we received some very impressive feedback about their knowledge of the school, 'they were amazing', was the comment of the evening!

We started the evening with a talk in the main hall.  I then set the parents a challenge to test what I had been saying as they went around the school. Parents were able to visit every subject area and discuss with staff and students the curriculum and challenge involved as well as seeing outstanding facilities.

There are a few images below:

Announcing the Music Teacher of the Year Award





A great performance of Hairspray




                                        Professional Chefs supporting Food Technology Students






Comment from the chef: "Can I thank you for providing us the opportunity to work with the students as part of the Winston Churchill School open evening, both Mary and I thoroughly enjoyed sharing some of our experience with the students even if the students learnt one thing from the time we had together it will certainly have been worth it.

As I mentioned last night the students were excellent ambassadors for Winston Churchill School from the moment the session started the students were engaged, extremely well behaved and exceeded expectations with the quality of the dishes they produced with a real desire to learn, the photo’s will certainly evidence this, they deserve a lot of credit."


                                                               Textile Students at work.

A new room is currently in the design process.