Flooding!
When I arrived at school early on Friday morning, I was greeted by Mr Hill desperately trying to save the main hall floor from water damage. The volume of water that fell overnight, overflowed the drains, ran down the patio areas and into the school. It ran into the corridors, the school hall, the Geography corridor and rooms, into the Churchill Suite and across into the new music room. One of the new RE rooms also sustained water damage but Mrs Strachen, Mrs Vadi and Mrs White got on with the task of mopping up both the classroom and the corridor, for which I am very grateful.The Site Team worked quickly to reduce the amount of water and then had to hire dehumidifiers to reduce the damp. At the end of the day a number of carpets had to be removed and new floor coverings ordered. Worked will now have to be completed over a number of weekends to try to repair all the damage caused.