Friday, 6 May 2016

Eclipse

National Theatre Connections

 
Our students performed a new play called Eclipse at The Lyric Theatre,  Hammersmith, yesterday. Mr Penfold expressed to me how incredibly talented these students are; their professionalism and maturity to approaching the performance was absolutely phenomenal.

He said 'I have never been as proud as I was yesterday watching our students on that stage. They had every right to have felt overwhelmed by the sheer enormity of the performance space (as you will see in the pictures) but they rose to the challenge and gave what I believe to be their best performance to date. They truly are a credit to the school.

National Theatre Connections is a competition and although I may be biased, I truly feel this group of students stand a chance of being selected to perform at the National Theatre.'

A huge thank you to Mr Penfold and Mr Harrington-Tucker for their work as Directors of this piece and to the students for their outstanding commitment and excellent performance.